Thursday, May 28, 2020

7A- Testing the Hypothesis, Part 1

Opportunity: clothing brand that deals with only "basics" for women ages 18-30. With good quality products for reasonable price.
Background: I find it challenging to find good quality basics in one place without it being overpriced. I end up looking at a bunch of websites and getting my pieces from different places.

The who: women in the United States between 18-30 year old who are looking to buy 'basic' essential clothing pieces
The what: one-stop shop for clothing that focuses on quality 'basics' for reasonable prices
The why: difficult to find a brand that specializes in quality essential 'basics' for medium reasonable price.

Testing the who: another demographic that might also have this problem is men , and women older than 30.
Testing the what: boundaries are style, not everyone in the targeted demographic will like the style of brand. Also, not everyone in demographic will likely be able to afford the pieces or will prefer to spend more on clothing.
Testing the why: not everyone will thinks it's challenging to find good quality 'basics' for a good price.

  • Interview #1: Elizabeth is a 19 year old female who buys most of her clothes online through various stores. She describes her style as very neutral-toned and simple. She thinks finding good 'basics' can be hard at times mostly because the stores that she trusts for great quality clothes are the ones that are out of her price range and she only buys from them once in a while to treat herself. Also, she said that she sees 'basic' pieces as an investment because she knows that she will use them a lot. She thought my idea was great and wished there was a brand like that.

  • Interview #2: Maria is a 25 year old female who buys her clothes both in-store and online depending on the category. She describes her style as casual and often wears athleisure. When asked about how easy/hard it is to find good 'basic' pieces she said she doesn't have a particular brand that comes to mind, but it also ins't very hard. She says she does't mind spending a bit more on clothes because they make her feel good. She thought my idea sounded interesting.

  • Interview #3: Gianna is a 19 year old female who buys her clothes mostly in-store. She describes her style as edgy. She mentioned how finding 'basics' isn't too hard, but the quality often reflects the price she paid. She said she liked my idea, but the only concern she had was the price range of the brand.

  • Interview #4: Kelsey is a 21 year old female who buys her clothes mostly online but also occasionally in store. She describes her style as classy. She said she gets most of her basics from Zara, H&M, and Topshop. She doesn't find it hard to find good basics but still likes my idea and can see it doing well. 

  • Interview #5: Rafaella is a 23 year old female who buys most of her clothes in store. She describes her style as boho. She said that she doesn't find it troubling to find basics but she also doesn't give much attention to clothes. She likes my idea but would't necessarily see herself as a customer. 
Summary: after the interviews I feel more secure with my proposed opportunity because everyone liked my idea. It also showed me differences in how people shop, their styles, and opinions on basics. It also showed me that not everyone would be a potential customer, or interested in the idea which is expected because it's impossible to satisfy everyone. Overall, I think this is a strong opportunity.

3 comments:

  1. Isabella, I think that this is a really great opportunity. I would love to be able to buy all my basics in one store. Currently I buy my basic s from 3-4 different stores and it is frustrating because most are really good quality but are also expensive. I would definitely love to have one store that I can buy all my basics from, especially at a great price! One place to shop for the basics means that I don't need to know my size in 3-4 different stores. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isabella, I think this opportunity is great. This is something that I can personally identify with and would definitely consider buying myself. Maybe to make it attainable for more customers, you could also include some clothing items that are different so that the opportunity is more open while still having your original idea. This would just make it more attainable and would enlarge your target market. Great idea though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Isabella,
    I like your idea a lot! I find it hard to find good quality basics at a reasonable price. Most of the time I end up going to H&M or Cotton On and trying to find basics there, but then they fall apart in the laundry. While I like having more curated pieces in my closet (from various stores and various places), it would be convenient to find all my basics at one location.

    ReplyDelete