Thursday, June 11, 2020

12A- Figuring Out Buyer Behavior

Segment: my market segment is a demographic of middle class American women between the ages of 18-30. They have the need for finding their essential clothing items (shirts, pants, sweaters) in one store that they can trust to have good quality for reasonable prices.

Interviews_Need Awareness and Information Search 

  • My first interviewee was in her mid- twenties and she said she notices this need when she goes out to shop and spends so much time to find simple clothes. She enjoys going out to stores to shop, but gets frustrated when she can't find good clothes in her price range. When this happens, she will look online for whatever the item description she is looking for, but she says she prefers buying in person so she can try on the clothes.
  • The second qualified interviewee was 18 year old who said they notice this need when they have to browse different stores to find pieces. They like different stores depending on what category of clothes they are looking for (tops, bottoms..), and it annoys her to have to do that. She does mostly online shopping and even though it bothers her to not have a brand that she can really identify as one where she buys most of her clothes, she does't look for change.
  • The third interviewee was in her early twenties and she said similar things to the previous person. She also mainly online shops and notices the need when she has to go to different websites to find different pieces. She doesn't have a go-to brand and she says this annoys her.
Findings: From the interviews I can say that consumers with this need become aware of it when they spend time looking for clothes in various stores (either online or in person). They don't have a go-to brand that they can trust and rely on to find most of their basic clothes.

Conclusion: this segment's need awareness occurs when they are shopping, either online or in store, and they spend more time than they would wish for to find pieces. Also, they don't identify with one brand where they get most of their things from which is the cause of the issue. In order to find a solution to this, some search online for specifics on what piece they are looking for.

4 comments:

  1. Isabella,
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas with us. I really enjoyed reading what you came up with and what your interviewees had to say in response to your questions and the product/service you are offering to them. I think the demographic you chose,middle class American women between the ages of 18-30 was appropriate. Each of them seemed to be great at answering your questions and it seems like they could really benefit from what you are offering them. I found it interesting to compare our demographics to one another since the demographic for my product/service is similar.
    Nice job and again thanks for sharing,
    Morgan Mowery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isabella,

    I think in today’s society the consumer is starting to really consider where the goods are coming from. Consumers are thinking about the company’s values and political agenda. I recently discovered that some of my favorite stores, where I get most of my basics from, support things that I vehemently disagree with. While I won’t throw away the clothes from these stores, I will definitely consider a company’s stance on political issues next time I shop. But I've definitely found your concept interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isabella, I can personally relate to this problem as well as how you interviewees feel. I think it's important for people to be able to feel comfortable with a store and be able to have the styles they are looking for. I think that as you said, your store should have an online platform as well as an in store local so that people can try your clothes on. Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Isabella, thanks for sharing your interviews and ideas. When I first started reading about your idea is when I realized how I cannot buy all my basics at one place and also thought how great it would be if there would be a place where I could do that. I think that your idea would be a big success, and would appeal to many different women who have this need. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete